List Deduper:: Online Tool for Removing Duplicates and Sorting Lists
Brief instructions for using this tool:
- Grab your list into the buffer.
- Paste it into the "source" field below.
- Optional: choose what you want to delimit on (default is line feed).
- Press the "dedupe" button.
- Grab the deduped, sorted list from the "target" field below.
- Go about your business! No fuss, no muss.
Some helpful shortcuts to keep in mind if you deal with list manipulation regularly.
- CTRL-A selects everything in the active field.
- CTRL-C (copy), CTRL-X (cut), CTRL-V (paste)
- Underlined letters in the field labels imply a shortcut access key. For example, pressing ALT-S (or CRTL-ALT-S in FireFox), will cause the cursor focus to jump to the Source field.
Look for the other underlined letters to find other helpful keyboard shortcuts.
- There are some test fields below. If you suspect an issue, you can sanity check the tool using a test list. (Lets face it, sometimes things become broken overtime--if you are seeing an issue, let me know and I'll try to get it fixed asap.)
List Deduper Tool:
Here is the source code from the tool to illustrate an example of how this can be done.